Sunday, April 5, 2009

Izutsu Yatsuhashi

I would like to introduce Japanese traditional Kyoto's sweet, is called Yatsuhashi. Izutsu Yatsuhashi, a specialty of Kyoto Izutsu Yatsuhashi is a well-established confectionary of Kyoto. Baked in the shape of a Koto, a traditional musical instrument of Japan, its name comes from Kengyo Yatsuhashi (1614-1685) , a famous Koto composer and performer. It is made from only natural rice flour, cinnamon, sesame, soybean flour and sugar and is, therefore, a healthy confectionary. 



8 comments:

  1. Look yummy! I cannot wait to try it!! Thank you Hiromi-chan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricky, I hope you like it. Please try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hiromi,

    you are a lifesaver:)
    My name is Tina. I live in Bulgaria, Europe:) I know:) It is really on the other side of the world:)
    I am going crazy to order some of these cookies, but I can't find any website of the producer:)I colleague of mine had been brought some and shared the cookies with us and that was it:) I fell in love:)
    If you can send any coordinates to order them I will be more than grateful:) I hope that's not too much to ask! I really don't know where else to search cause I spend that last hour googling and googling and googling:)

    Thanks so much again.
    My email is: klimentina.terzieva@gmail.com

    Have a great day
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tina,
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, I can help you to find the site you can order this cookie. I will send you a e-mail ASAP. Please wait for my mail. Thank you very much.

    Hiromi

    ReplyDelete