Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My favorite Japanese Sweet!

Hi. I am so sorry... long time no see, everyone.

Merry Xmas!!!

I would like to talk about one of my favorite Japanese Sweet. When I went to Kyoto station, I found one of my favorite Sweet. It is called Akafuku!!! This is one of favorite sweet in Japan. It is little sweet I think, but it is goooood.

Their website says;

Akafuku mochi is a Japanese mochi confection made by placing an sweet bean paste on mochi pounded rice. The shape of the treat resembles the Isuzugawa River, which flows through the Ise Jingu area, reflecting an image of the flowing stream. The three lines of an represent the clear, flowing water of the river, while the white mochi represents the pebbles of the riverbed. Company tradition has it that our name, Akafuku is from two characters borrowed from our founding concept of “Sekishin Keifuku”.

http://www.akafuku.co.jp/index.html



2 comments:

  1. This looks soooo good!!! I want to try this! I love sweet bean paste! I miss you Hiromi!! We should eat these together!! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thank you, Amy. I will call you tomorrow. I cannot wait to see you soon. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete