Monday, May 10, 2010

Akashiyaki(明石焼)

Hi. I would like to share one of my favorite food. It is Akishiyaki. This is similar to Takoyaki(たこ焼き). Do you know Takoyaki? It is really famous food in Osaka, Japan. I like Takoyaki, but I really like Akashiyaki because of the broth and taste.
"Akashiyaki is a small round dumpling from the city of Akashi in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. Made of an egg-rich batter and octopus dipped into dashi (a thin fish broth) before eating, locals in the Akashi area refer to it simply as tamagoyaki."(Wikipedia)

I do not know why, but like Akashiyaki better than Yakoyaki...because I feel that Akishiyaki is light snack.

When I went to Kobe in Japan, I had great Akashiyaki there. I love it!!!

I recommend that you should try this food!!!


2 comments:

  1. the dipping dashi looks so good!! I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Mr. Pineapple Man. And, Thank you very much for the award!!!

    ReplyDelete