Monday, May 3, 2010

Sanuki Udon

Do you know Sanuki Udon (Udon Noodle)? It is Udon, but Sanuki Udon is speciality Udon in Kagawa Prefecture.

I love Udon noodle, so went to Marugame, Kagawa Prefecture to eat delicious Sanuki Udon!!! There are many Sanuki Udon restaurant in Tokyo, but I have never eaten best Sanuki Udon yet. So I decided to go there and eat special Sanuki Udon in Special place.

When I went there, there were too many Sanuki Udon restaurants in Marugame. I could not decide where I should go, so first, I asked to Hotel staff about where is famous Udon place in Marugame. It was night time, so they just gave me one name and I went there.

First place, I liked it, but not satisfied yet...needed to try at the different places.

Next morning, I got on the taxi, and asked taxi driver that please take me best Udon restaurant which local people go. It was around 9 am. Driver took me inside of Farmers Market. There was tiny and small Udon restaurant. It was really interesting because they gave me simple udon in the bowel and no soup inside. I had no idea that how I could eat and lady who worked in the restaurant told me how to eat. It was sooooo delicious!!! I loved taste of soup. The soup and Udon made me satisfied. I thought I found my best Sanuki Udon in Marugame. This restaurant was only local people coming, and no tourist.

Then, taxi driver took me one more place close to Farmers market. I tried cold Sanuki Udon, but I knew it that my best Sanuki Udon was the restaurant inside of Farmers Market.

There are many Udon restaurant, and I just tried only 3 of them. I think there are more delicious Udon restaurant in Kagawa Prefecture, but during my Udon trip, I found one of my favorite Sanuki Udon restaurant in Marugame. So, my Udon trip' mission was completed.

If I have chance, I would like to try Udon trip in Kagawa again.

First Udon Restaurant which I tried


My favorite Udon Restaurant inside of Farmers Market



Third Udon Restaurant. It was good. Better than first one.



Would you like to eat Udon???

3 comments:

  1. I want to eat Udon with you in Japan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i would love to eat udon!! i love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, thank you very much for your comment. Yes, I would love to take you Sanuki Udon noodle restaurant.

    Mr. Pineapple Man, Thank you very much for your comment. I also love your blog. It is very interesting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete